I’m Pansexual and I don’t know how to tell my friend

Caitlyn C    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

So recently my 12 year old body discovered I’m pansexual and I told 1 of my friends but she thought I was joking and now I’m scared to tell my family and friends can someone help. 

• Solution

Hey @Caitlyn C

Welcome :). I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to people who reach out to us.

I'm sorry that your friend thought you were joking. Can I check, is it her reaction that's made you scared to tell your friends and family? Also, I'm wondering, what is it that you'e scared of specifically? I know that this is quite nerve-wracking anyway, but it's good to find out those specific fears as you can then work through them.

Just remember that with coming out, you don't have to do it if you don't feel ready; it's totally okay to wait. There really is no rush :)

Speak soon!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I'm in love with my long lost friend whom I just reunited. Never did I had  a conversation throughout my life like our recent conversations.  I love his personality, of course. The downside is I am not sure if we would still be friends if I tell him my feelings towards him.  He seem confused, too - with his sexuality (base on my observations).  Since the time we met again, I started to write poetries about him every single day. 

17 hours ago, deciphering codes said:

I'm in love with my long lost friend whom I just reunited. Never did I had  a conversation throughout my life like our recent conversations.  I love his personality, of course. The downside is I am not sure if we would still be friends if I tell him my feelings towards him.  He seem confused, too - with his sexuality (base on my observations).  Since the time we met again, I started to write poetries about him every single day. 

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this with us :). It can be so tricky when we have feelings for friends, even the long-lost ones. Would you say that you're still friends then? I just wondered with you saying that you're long-lost. It can be easier to tell people how we feel when we aren't that close anymore, because it can reduce the fear of losing them. What is your gut feeling about how he might react? 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for responding! Sorry for this late reply.

We spent enough time reminiscing our childhood memories and celebrating them together again. Our previous conversations were so deep that made me feel this way right now. We are so close again. On how he might react, I do not have an idea at all. 😔 But maybe it's better to let go this  feeling that's slowly killing me than being torn between confessing my feelings towards my friend or let this feeling live with me forever.

4 hours ago, deciphering codes said:

Thanks for responding! Sorry for this late reply.

We spent enough time reminiscing our childhood memories and celebrating them together again. Our previous conversations were so deep that made me feel this way right now. We are so close again. On how he might react, I do not have an idea at all. 😔 But maybe it's better to let go this  feeling that's slowly killing me than being torn between confessing my feelings towards my friend or let this feeling live with me forever.

Hey,

No need to apologise for the late reply. I'm glad to hear that you have been reconnecting with them again and having deep conversations. I think that if you have a really strong feeling like this, then it's important to be open and honest about it. You might regret it if you don't. What do you think?