Please Help; Homophobic Mom

macy    

3 weeks ago my mom went through my phone without warning and found out I am a lesbian and have two bisexual friends. I am currently writing this on my school chromebook; which gets taken away in 2 days. 

The day my mom went through my phone she told me I was not getting it back for a week or longer. It has been 3 weeks and I don't have it back. She said she took it because my friends are "devilish lesbians" that turned me gay. I have lost all contact with anyone and don't  know what to do. She said I am never allowed to speak to my friends again, but they are the only thing that kept me alive. How should I get my phone back or convince her to let me hang out with them? 

This seams like a very hard on you. I would try waiting some like a few weeks and then tell her you are not lesbian it was just a phase(which is the work thing to say to someone but  just stick it through). I know this would be not telling the truth but you kind of got to do what every it takes to get  your phone back and to get back with talking with your friends. I would keep the truth of you being a lesbian away from your mom. I would do this in till you can go somewhere  away from her so you can be who you are or in till she can accept who you are. Also I world not recommend all of the last part unless it it needed. I am cheering for you. Good luck.

Hello @macy

Thank you for explaining your situation to us. I'm sorry to hear that your mom has reacted this way to finding out. How did she know from your phone? I'm just wondering if there's a way you can convince her that you're not a lesbian for your own safety? I might be being too cautious here, but I'm just a little concerned for your wellbeing after you said about your friends being the only thing that kept you alive. Can I ask, are you thinking of taking your own life? If you are, please know that this feeling may pass, and we are here to support you through this hard time. You can get through this and you have us by your side. If you are feeling suicidal, here are a few things that might help:

I'm wondering, do you have any other family you could stay with, or any of your friends' with their family? Could you go there? I am hoping that we can stay talking just so we can make sure you're safe. Is there another way we could talk when the Chromebook gets taken away? We can also speak on the phone if you are able to call us - we can call you too. 

Stay safe, Macy. We are here for you. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e