How can I come out as bisexual

Jennie    

I just accepted the fact that I am bisexual but don't know how to tell my parents ...I know my my would be okay with this but my dad thinks it is wrong and that God created two genders for a reason...he won't make a fuss about anyone just quietly judge but I am scared as I am his daughter...I am catholic

Just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with you, you're not broken and the problem is with the people who have negative attitudes. couldn't imagine living my life full of hate for other people, just live and let live you know. I bet this is so stressful for you though, but maybe this could be an opportunity for him to open up his mind and learn and challenge his prejudices?

• Like 3

Hey @Jennie

Thanks for coming to us for advice :). With coming out, just remember that if you don't feel ready, then that's totally okay - you can wait. With your dad, I'm glad to hear that he won't make a fuss, but yeah, the quiet judging is hard to deal with. Do you think he will eventually open his mind up and not judge? Just so you know, loads of people I've supported in a smilier position to you find the same at the beginning, but over time, the parent with a reaction like that comes round to it and stops judging. Let me know what you think :)

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

14 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Jennie

Thanks for coming to us for advice :). With coming out, just remember that if you don't feel ready, then that's totally okay - you can wait. With your dad, I'm glad to hear that he won't make a fuss, but yeah, the quiet judging is hard to deal with. Do you think he will eventually open his mind up and not judge? Just so you know, loads of people I've supported in a smilier position to you find the same at the beginning, but over time, the parent with a reaction like that comes round to it and stops judging. Let me know what you think :)

Yes, at some point I do think the judging will stop given we have a  strong relationship. But I can never find the right time to tell them because  they are always arguing ( he found out my mom was cheating),,,and i fell like this would just make another arguement between them

Hey @Jennie

I'm sorry to hear that your mom was cheating. This must be really upsetting for you. How are you feeling?

It's interesting that you say coming out would just make another argument between them. Why do you think that is? 

@Monsoon She still is cheating and has been for the past year and a half right now they are in an okay state because he thinks my mom has stopped talking to the guy ......but as to how I am feeling i guess it has gotten to the point where I don't or at least try to not care since all of this has effected me greatly.......I fell like it would cause an argument because as i mentioned before my dad is homophobic and my mom is not so I feel like while my mom tries to defend me and say it isn't a problem my dad would get mad and so it would create an argument...(sorry if it's confusing)

Hey @Jennie,

How are you today? I'm sorry to hear that your mom is still cheating. It must be really tough for you at home right now. I just want you to know that we are here for you if you ever need to talk to us. Although it is bad at the moment, we can still find pockets of joy in things that we like doing. I'm wondering, what are some of the main things you like doing in ur spare time (things like speaking to friends, playing games, etc)? It's good to have these little things to escape to when things are tough.

Also, thanks for explaining why you think it would cause an argument. I wonder if it's better to hang fire until things have calmed down at home then?