tried to drown myself twice

mayaaaa    

I tried to drown myself. I gave my sisters and I a dare to stand up in our kayaks. Their kayaks are more paddleboards so they cant sink. Mine can sink. When I did the dare I made sure I flipped my kayak and stayed under it. But, I heard my sister screaming above the water and swam up out of under the kayak.

The other time when was I was taking a bath.

Nobody knows that I purposely tried to commit but, since then I have gotten better at resisting the urge to attempt. Thank you for your time.

Hello Maya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm glad to see that you're really making good use of our online space.

I know from your other post that you don't have a plan to take your own life which is good to hear. You can get through this and you are strong. I'm really sorry to hear that you have tried to drown yourself twice. I can't imagine how hard things must have been for you at these points, but I do know that for some people, everything can just get too much and taking your own life can seem like the only option. However, I'm glad that you have now gotten better at resisting the urge. If this happens again, you have all of the safety information you need from us. I hope it doesn't get to that point for you again, but if it does, remember that you have lots of support available, including us here at community. We are here for you :)

How do you feel about other people knowing that you tried to take your own life? I know from your other post that you've been in therapy/are currently in it. I wonder if telling your therapist would help you to work through these urges. Let me know what you think.

Stay safe and speak soon,

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

nobody knows I tried to take my own life. I made it a dare to make it look like I didn't try to take my life. Like I said, I am doing better and am really happy that I found this platform.

hey @mayaaaa

I'm glad that you're doing better. If you feel like you're starting to go down that route again, remember that we are here to support you :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e