Update?

Daya    

Hello, my name is Daya and I am 15, and last time I was on here I wasn't in very good shape. I have come out to my siblings and mostly public about my sexuality except with my parents. I have an online girlfriend that I knew as a friend for more than a year and she makes me very happy.

Hey Daya,

It's great to see a post in the brag box. We are happy to hear that your girlfriend is making you happy. Do you have any advice to our members as to how you coped so well? It would be great to hear :)

Speak soon,

- Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

@Monsoon I would say keeping things in doesn't help and having someone to talk to is helpful whether it's online or offline. Educating yourself on the LGBTQ+ community really helps too with learning more about yourself and others. Also, try not to think that you aren't valid because you very much are, you may not understand now but with time and acceptance, you will come to a deeper understanding of who you are and how much you are worth. Lastly, have hope. Having hope might sound cheesy but looking on a better side of things makes you have more opportunities and a positive outlook on life.

I hope this helps... even a little bit.

Hey Daya,

This is all solid advice, so thank you for posting. It's so important to know that you are valid as people may try to tell you that they aren't right. We often give advice saying that over time, you will understand more, and it's really so true. I'm glad that you mentioned how helpful it is having a positive outlook. Sometimes in life, the best we can do in a situation is to focus on what's working well because a lot of the time, we cannot change what's bad about it.

Your advice will help a lot of people. Don't forget, we are always here if you need support. :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e