Corona panic

Marv    

I know corona is a global issue, but I really need people to calm down because it's impacting myself and others I know.

Myself and my flatmate have just been shopping in town. All we wanted was some basic things - veg, meat, toilet roll - but so much stuff was out of stock. Town was absolutely rammed with people, panicking parents and their rampaging children. So many shelves were bare. I don't like shopping at the best of times, I don't particularly like children either, so this was tough already. Add on the lack of products, me trying to save money (my student loan is dwindling now because we're nearing the end of term now). And because of all this stress, my tourettes started to get worse. My friend who I was with doesn't know about it, I haven't told her, and I'm very good at hiding it. It's still a touchy subject for me, so whilst all this ^ is going on, I'm also desperately trying to hold my tourettes in which is really friggin difficult. Everything around me was just not helping at all. I got home and we put our stuff away, I feel absolutely exhausted now from suppressing it for all that time. I have work I really need to do, but I'm exhausted.

Calm the f*** down people, please, you're giving people like me a really really hard time.

• Ditch the Label Staff

@Marv this is tough for so many people and I was having this exact convo this morning. If everyone remained calm and shopped / purchased normally it would make a massive difference. I understand how this would aggravate your tourettes as often extreme emotions (happy or sad) can really play havoc with this. Did you manage to let it out once you were alone?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Hey @Blondie

Thanks for replying to my rant haha. I got home and let some of it out, and after trying to do some work to take my mind off things, I decided to go for a walk instead which helped a lot. So, was okay in the end but my god it wasn't good.

• Like 1