Estranged Sister Harrasing Me on Twitter

bistogravy2b    

Hi there,

​​For the past year my estranged half sister has been harassing me and stalking me on Twitter. She creates a brand new account, messages me introducing herself and saying that she wants to speak to me.

There are many issues from the past as to why we cannot speak. Unfortunately, she is very manipulative and for this reason we have had no contact since childhood.

Anyway. What happens is I block her and then she creates a new account and messages me from that. I have reported this to Twitter but they said "this does not constitute harassment". Despite her creating new accounts just to message me several times.

Is there anything that I can do to stop this? It appears that because the messages are not threatening in content, but it is unwelcome communication, and also perhaps because this is a relative I can do nothing about it.

Any advice would be really appreciated. I just want to be left in peace.

Many thanks for reading this.

Kind regards,

bistogravy, lol

Hello @bistogravy2b

I understand how frustrating this must be, especially if you don't want any contact at all. Yes, if she is not sending abusive messages it is unlikely to reach the threshold for twitter to do anything. Here is the link, if you would like to continue reporting her profiles as and when they come through - https://help.twitter.com/forms/abusiveuser.

I get that it's labour on your part, but it might require you blocking every new profile that comes through from her immediately and make your account private?

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Thank you Remi. I don't want to make my account private as I am a mental health campaigner so it supports my work. I think I will just have to block every new account and just continuing to do this in the hope that one day she will get bored?

I guess there's not much else that I can do. Thank you for the link though.

Hello,

Yeah that's what you can hope for. Have you sent a message saying that you don't want contact and that you will be blocking going forward?

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.