leaving home

SpnWinchester    

So I've been trying to get into supported housing for the last few months in order to get away from my incredibly toxic family. I finally found out a couple of weeks ago that I had been accepted into a facility and I moved in two days ago. It feels good to finally have my own space and a bit of independence. My college aren't being as supportive of my decision as I would like. Last year I had a real hard time getting work completed and had to have lots of time off so I get why they are concerned but most of my problems last year stemmed from issues at home so I'm hoping this year will be easier. Is there anyone else on here that has lived in supported accommodation who might have advice or anything.

Hey @SpnWinchester

So happy to hear that you've got into supported housing, have you met the other people there yet do you get on with them? I actually lived in supported housing when I was 17 and needed it at the time but did find the rules a bit tricky sometimes but it felt like we had a big family which was really nice.

Have you met your keyworker yet? Make sure you ask them any questions you have as they are there to help!

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I had my first meeting with my key worker today and she seems really lovely. I have met a few people I think I will get to know some a lot more than others but everyone has been really friendly so far.