How to make friends?

_ItsRose Β  Β 

I'm very introverted and I'm often alone quite a lot of the time as I was bullied all throughout my life until a couple of years ago. I think it was because I watch a lot of anime in my free time. I only have a couple of people who I can call friends. I feel very lonely though so I've been trying to make new friends during the summer holiday by messaging people from school who seem nice on social media but things haven't gone very well as they often wonder why I'm talking to them and think I'm being creepy even though I don't mean any harm or have any bad intentions. It's making me feel really sad and also a little bit scared about coming back to school because they've probably told their friends that I'm creepy too 😣 How can I make new friends without being seen as a creepy weirdo?

Edited by _ItsRose