Online stalker

bluebirdx    

Hey so this began around 2 years ago, to keep the story short this random boy I don’t know kept trying to add me on all my social media and became obsessed and it was really scary. I know he lives in another country and he kept saying he was in my city which really scared me.

anyway, his Instagram was deleted by Instagram so he could no longer found me. However yesterday he has somehow found my account again and has tried to follow me and has messaged me and I don’t know what to do. I also noticed his location in his Instagram bio is now the same country as me. I could be over thinking this, but regardless I want nothing to do with him. A year has passed and he’s come back. I don’t know what to do.

Hello @bluebirdx

I'm sorry you went through this. It sounds scary.

You should probably report this new account as well to the platform, explaining exactly what happened previously, and if you still have concerns then I would say contact the police.

Make sure you have blocked him from your account now and scroll through your follower list and make sure you don't see anyone you don't recognise. Don't share personal info on your account or where you live on your stories,

Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.