Is there something wrong with me if I'm not sexually attracted to other people?

JamieL Β  Β 

I've been wondering this for a while. I identify as pan but I don't feel any sexual attraction to anyone, not even my previous partners. Does is it mean that there's something wrong with me?

Hey there @JamieL

Β 

It is completely normal to not be attracted to anyone, it could mean that you may later identify as asexual or that you have not met anyone yet you are attracted to. Either of them are viable options.

Β 

Have a read of our guide on asexuality and see if any of this resonates with you.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/what-is-asexuality/

Β 

Whatever you feel is normal though, I can reassure you. How do you feel about your previous partners?

Β 

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

All of my previous partners were people that I was romantically attracted to. I was never really sexually attracted to any of them.

Hey Jamie,

Β 

That's okay.. whatever you are feeling is okay. It could be that you don't want sexual relationships for the moment and that is alright, lots of people feel this way.

Β 

-Remi

Edited by Remi
  • Like 1

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

There is definitely nothing wrong with you. I've identified as bisexual for ages, but I'm questioning whether I'm lesbian. I've liked two guys in my life time and I've been attracted to lots of girls. But one thing I do know, is that I don't have any sexual attraction to either gender. In fact, I've despised the idea of sexual intercourse for years, especially with males. I hate the idea. And I've never been sexually attracted to anyone at all. That could change, and could change for you, but you're not the only one. There isn't anything wrong with you.

• Like 1

Hey there @JamieL

Β 

It is completely normal to not be attracted to anyone, it could mean that you may later identify as asexual or that you have not met anyone yet you are attracted to. Either of them are viable options.

Β 

Have a read of our guide on asexuality and see if any of this resonates with you.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/what-is-asexuality/

Β 

Whatever you feel is normal though, I can reassure you. How do you feel about your previous partners?

Β 

-Remi

Thank you for that link, that's helped me too :D

• 2 months later...