New to Community and need advice

littlefairy98    

Hello,

I’ve just joined to community as I’m seeking some advice.

During secondary school I was severely bullied. People called me horrible names, humiliated

me in various classes, isolated me, made jokes about me at my expense. I didn’t have a secure friendship group, I felt like an outsider. I tried to deal with it on my own and that led to me hitting rock bottom.

5 years on and I’ve transformed my life, I’ve nearly finished university and I’ve just got my dream job as a primary teacher. I’ve got true friends who I can trust and who truly care about me.

However I still sometimes struggle with my anxiety. Sometimes I still get down and I start feeling all my previous emotions/ thoughts and feelings from being bullied again.

I’ve worked hard to overcome everything but I can still feel my past lingering and getting me down. Is there any advice for how I can move on fully and set myself free?

Ho

• Ditch the Label Staff

@littlefairy98 Hi and a warm welcome to Community! I'm really glad you found us. It sounds like you've really made major steps forward which is amazing (massive congrats on the job!) It's completely normal for there to still be stuff that plays on our mind that we don't seem to be able to just 'shake off' on our own.

Have you ever tried counselling? It's hugely empowering to vent and really process everything in order to feel free enough to move forward. The timing would be good too as it would support you through the initial months of the new role.

Have you ever discussed what happened with your friends?

Staff-Account.png

@littlefairy98 Hi and a warm welcome to Community! I'm really glad you found us. It sounds like you've really made major steps forward which is amazing (massive congrats on the job!) It's completely normal for there to still be stuff that plays on our mind that we don't seem to be able to just 'shake off' on our own.

Have you ever tried counselling? It's hugely empowering to vent and really process everything in order to feel free enough to move forward. The timing would be good too as it would support you through the initial months of the new role.

Have you ever discussed what happened with your friends?

Thank you for you’re advice, I really appreciate it. Would it be possible to speak 1:1 about the advice you gave, as I’d feel more comfortable doing that. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ditch the Label Staff

@littlefairy98 Hi there, how are you doing? We have mentors available Monday - Friday from 9am - 5.30pm. Are you able to chat during this time frame?

Staff-Account.png