How can I love the person I am now, until I become the person I want to be?

nailpolishstains

I sit around all day because my city is boring so there's nothing to do, and I wish I could be more active. I haven't found my own style yet, because I always feel like I'm copying someone, and I wish to be social because I love people, but I am a sophomore in high school, and I have been suffering social anxiety since 6th grade and I don't know how to overcome it. I feel like I'm always waiting for things to happen and I'm not doing anything with my young life. Like I'm just existing. I know my life has purpose, but right now I feel like it's being wasted away. I spent most of my summer in my room drawing or watching Youtube, and I just wish I could experience life's fullest treasures! But I can't drive, or make my own money, so I can't really go anywhere. I don't know who I am in life yet. I feel like my childhood was boring and depressing and I could've made way more friends. I'm scared of the future and I could forget how bad the past was. How can I take control of my life and try new things and meet new people if I'm scared of conversation? I feel just stuck.

Hey Nailpolishstains, ??

Big welcome to Ditch the Label.

I so relate to your post and thanks for sharing. I felt very similar things when I was younger too. Especially that feeling of not doing enough, living enough, having enough friends and the list goes on. I think it is so easy to imagine everyone else is out there doing and living their lives in better ways then you are. The good news is that simply is not true, whilst people's lives do vary I guarantee if your friends where honest they would all admit to feeling similar things. Plus, like you said it will feel even stronger because right now you don't have much independence yet but that will come soon I promise. ??

Figuring out who we are is a lifelong journey and you are exactly where you are meant to be right now, if you can give yourself a break and take the pressure off I think things would feel easier for you. Where ever we put pressure on ourselves it leaves us feeling a bit deflated and empty. ?

I used to be very shy socially and feel like I should have more friends and be better at meeting new people. But I wasn't and found it quite scary a lot of the time. If I could hop in a time machine and tell younger Peach311 anything. It would be that it's ok to be scared, it's ok to feel awkward most people do but no one really talks about it. I would also say you get way better at it the more comfortable you become in your own skin and that stuff can't be rushed. So yes for a while it is scary and sucks more than I would like but it does get better and RELAX more. You are good!! ?'??'?

What do you think? Does any of that make sense to you? I love how honest you are and even though you might feel scared meeting new people it took courage to post on here and I'm someone new you just met and I think you are awesome. ?

-peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Thank you! I guess that all does make sense. I found this website unsure anyone could understand or help, but I feel better and I think I can wait for my future gracefully, and I should just take life as it comes! :) I'm glad I found this community and that you told me that. It does seem simpler than I thought it was. I'm just impatient for what life really has to offer. I'll try XD

Hey nailpolishstains, ??

Yay!! So pleased to hear you are feeling better. I wish I had been brave enough to share this stuff when I was your age and I love the bit where you said about waiting gracefully for your future, its spot on. ??

I remember so clearly that feeling of waiting for things to begin and wishing they would hurry up already as it was stressing me out that they hadn't. I also think there was a lot of fear underneath the worry, fear about what my future will look like and if I will figure out who I am and find what makes me happy. Given how open and honest you are I have no doubt you will find your way as that is half the battle right there.

Feel free to share and post on here whenever you need or want. We are here for you. ??

-peach311

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.